Saturday, April 23, 2011

QUESTIONS & ANSWER SESSION

On Service and Repair

Q: Is the item original & brand new?
A: Item is brand new & Original in actual retail box.

Q: Can I return the pump for a refund?
A: The pump is a personal item and non-returnable.

Q: Any warranty for the product ( Avent) & Medela?A: 1 month warranty (Avent \product)
A: 3 Months warranty for Medela Freestyle & Medela Pump In Style. After 3 months, if there's any problem with the motor, u can always send it to any Medela Service centre with charges.
However if u want longer warranty u can purchase extended warranty.RM 150 for another 3 months warranty.
NOTE: Warranty is only for the motor under factory default, any self inflicted/dents/cracks/abuse of item will not be covered.


On Parts & Accessories

Q: Do you sell the parts & accessories for this product?
A: Let me know which parts / accessories u are looking for, I could get it for you.


On Use & Learn

A: Package comes with user guidance disc & booklet. Please watch the guidance disc before using it. Feel free to drop me an email/sms if u have problem operating the breast pump. I'll be happy to share my experience & knowledge with u.


Others

Q: Can I book/reserve the item first, because I'll be only using the item 2-3 months later?
A: Yes, u can. But minimum payment(RM50-RM100) is require to ensure the reservation of the item.

Q: Do u accept installment for payment?
A: Yes, I do. For installment, buyer can plan the amount, time frame(maximum 3 months) of the installment. I will only send the item once installment is complete.

1 comment:

  1. how much the minimun payment??? pls pm me at rohawati1982@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete